CLICK ON CLASS TITLE TO SEE PRICING AND SCHEDULE.
The seminar covers:
* Benefits and Requirements of Pet Partners Registration
* Pet Therapy Opportunities in Schools and Libraries
* Pet Therapy Opportunities in Hospitals and Nursing Homes
* Preliminary Assessment of you and your dog’s suitability for Pet Therapy
This seminar is for handler/dog teams that have already taken training classes and or the dog is already well trained. This seminar is appropriate for you if your dog is friendly with other dogs and people, likes handling and hugging by strangers, can stay by your side when other dogs are near, has strong basic skills such as leash walking, sit, down, stay, recall and leave it. If your dog does not have these skills, please sign up for Dog Manners 1 or II or the Pet Therapy 6 week class.
In this 4 hour class you will learn what to do to keep your dog healthy and safe. From first aid to emergency preparedness, this class covers it all! Have you ever wondered whether you need to call the vet immediately or whether it can wait till morning? Are there OTC medications that may help your dog? At the conclusion of this class you will be certified in pet first aid, including CPR! You will have lots of hands-on opportunities with our very willing and compliant patient – a canine CPR dummy!
The joy of walking your well behaved dog is immense. And a dog who lunges and pulls can be a danger and a menace as well as annoying. There are many approaches and a wide variety of aides. Even if you have a committed “puller” we can help make your walks something you BOTH look forward to.
Have you ever felt that your dog is ignoring you, gone deaf, or has carrots in his ears? Does he somehow manage to hear the treat jar open from a mile away but can’t seem to hear you call him in from the backyard? Teach your dog to “come” reliably and not simply when he wants to! This is a one hour class followed by Q & A.
Are you or someone you know expecting a baby soon? Wondering how to prepare your dog for this big event? Our “Bringing Home Baby” seminar will give you the information you need to ensure baby and dog become the best of friends.
Early and proper socialization is vitally important for your puppy’s proper development. Bring you puppies, ages 7 weeks-16 weeks, for some learning and social time in a safe environment. Let us help you start out right. Drop in for an hour of supervised socialization and visit with a trainer regarding:
- Crate Training, a safe place for your puppy
- House/Potty Training, No more mistakes
- Greeting Manners, all four paws on the ground
- Controlling Mouthing and Nipping, Those tiny teeth will be big teeth one day
- Sleep and Down Time. Growing takes a lot of energy
- Chewing habits, No more tooth marks on your things
- Socialization, How to socialize your puppy during this critical developmental period
- Vet Care, Understanding the health requirements and common problems with puppies will help you keep your pup healthy
- Puppies and Young Kids, How to help your kids enjoy the pup without teaching your pup to fear kids or nip them
- $10 donation per session.